Falmouth High School offers diploma endorsement opportunities in Visual and Performing Fine Arts - Music, Theatre, Visual Arts - and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Information about the requirements for each of these is listed below. Students should discuss their interest in completing the requirements for a diploma endorsement with their school counselor. If you would like more information and/or to receive the requirement tracking form for your selected area, please submit the application form for either the VPA or STEM endorsement.
STEM Diploma Endorsement
A STEM endorsement recognizes that motivated students have made the choice to devote a significant amount of effort and time in pursuing an extensive course of STEM-oriented work at FHS. Graduating seniors can earn a STEM endorsement on their diploma and transcript by meeting additional standards, listed below.
- 4 years each of English, Math, and Science (Earth & Space, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) and 3 years of Social Studies
- 3 Additional Credits drawn from Science, Engineering and Math Electives
- A minimum number of 7 ELO’s (Extended Learning Opportunities) from STEM related extracurricular activities or projects
- Complete a STEM related job shadow
- A more extensive Senior Project involving a STEM theme or research
- Enter the Maine State Science Fair
To apply for a STEM Endorsement, begin by completing this application.