Falmouth Public Schools Code of Conduct
Ethical and responsible behavior is an essential part of the educational mission of the Falmouth Schools. To that end, this system-wide Code of Conduct has been developed with input from school staff, students, parents and community members. The Code defines our collective expectations for students, staff, parents and community members' behavior and provides the framework for a safe, orderly and respectful learning environment.
Standards for Ethical and Responsible Behavior
The Code of Conduct is intended to support and encourage all school community members to meet the following community wide standards for ethical and responsible behavior:
Code of Conduct
All school community members are expected to comply with the Code of Conduct and all related district policies and school rules. The Code applies on school property, while in attendance at school or at any school-sponsored activity, or at any time or place that such conduct directly interferes with the operations, discipline or general welfare of the school.
General Behavior Expectations
The following expectations for student behavior are fundamental to a safe, orderly and respectful environment in our schools and at school-sponsored/related events. Each student is expected to:
- Be courteous to fellow students, staff and visitors.
- Respect the rights and privileges of other students, school staff, visitors and guests.
- Obey all district policies and school rules governing student conduct.
- Follow directions from school staff.
- Cooperate with staff in maintaining school safety and order.
- Arrive at school ready to learn on all scheduled school days.
- Meet school standards for personal grooming and dress.
- Respect the property of others, including school property and facilities.
- Not cheat or plagiarize the work of others.
- Refrain from vulgarity, profanity, obscenity, lewdness and/or indecency.
Violations of the Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action. Refer to policy JIC and related addendums at the FHS website.